Couples And Relationship Therapy
Love is an active verb
Couples and other relationships (siblings, parents/adult children, friends) seek skilled therapeutic support to improve communication, grow ways to feel heard, seen and valued within their relationship, navigate changes and challenges, repair hurt and rebuild trust, deepen intimacy and grow into a happy resilient unit over time. Sometimes people reach out for assistance to end their relationship as respectfully as possible.
Most often, when a couple enters counselling, a crisis has torn holes in the fabric of their relationship. The crisis may be acute, for example, an affair, the diagnosis of a life-threatening illness or the death of a loved one or it may be the result of a long, slow distancing that finally arrives at a crossroad-to leave or to stay?
Relationship counselling is dynamic, profound, often challenging and ultimately deeply enriching process. The fruits of relationship work are manyfold – you and your partner are creating a safe and meaningful place of belonging within the unit of the couple; you are realising the potential of a strong union and grow into two people who contribute happiness and intimacy to each other. Your relationship becomes resilient and strong, able to weather any future challenges with greater skill and ease.
Relationship Counselling offers a clear pathway to deeper love and connection. The six Cs make up an interconnected map of qualities relevant to the health and wellbeing of every couple relationship.
Each of these simple yet profound aspects need to be understood in the context of the unique relationship:
'Do not set aside your happiness. Do not wait to be happy in the future. The best time to be happy is always now.' - Roy T. Bennet
Couples seek the help of a counsellor because they may:
- Wish to deepen their love and commitment to each other.
- Seek ways to open communication and develop a deeper understanding of each other.
- Need to repair injured relationship bonds after a life crisis or affair.
- Desire to renew and strengthen their union through the changing stages of life.
- Long to realise the deepest connection and intimacy with one another in the sanctuary of their relationship.
- Seek to navigate well the early stages of a new relationship to establish a strong and loving connection.
- Find the right steps to separate well when a love relationship has come to a natural end.